Blackstone is proud that 80 percent of our security guards have been with us for more than three years. In accordance with the Arizona Department of Public Safety licensing requirements, prospective security guards for Blackstone:
- Must pass a National Crime Information Center (NCIC) check for felony convictions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Arizona drivers license.
- Must be U.S. citizens or have proof of their right to work in the USA.
- Must provide professional and personal references.
- Must have a verifiable, stable, five-year work history.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be and remain drug free.
- Must have an honorable discharge if they served in the military.
- Must attend a mandatory eight (8) hour training program.
Blackstone Services is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all affirmative action guidelines.
Additional Hiring Qualifications
Blackstone Security Services complies with all nondiscrimination, confidentiality and equal opportunity clauses in accordance with federal guidelines, and with provisions of the Work Hours Act of 1962 concerning all executed contracts. Our reputation of developing superior security guards whose training exceeds established guidelines is evident in the following additional requirements.
- Cannot have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of moral turpitude.
- Must speak, read and write the English language.
- Must have adequate hearing to perform security related jobs, i.e. the ability to hear normal conversation at 20 feet and whispered conversation at 10 feet.
- Must have correctable vision to 20/30.
- Must have a valid telephone phone number.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends for security jobs.
- Must be able to differentiate between standard colors.
- Must be mentally alert.
- Must have proportionate height and weight.
- Must be able to physically perform normal to arduous physical activity without undue strain, i.e. stand, walk or patrol the majority of their shift, run short distances, lift or carry objects up to fifty (50) pounds.
Applicants also are screened for the following personal characteristics:
- Maturity and a positive attitude toward contract security guard duties
- Social awareness
- Cultural sensitivity
- Emotional stability
- Sound judgment
- Personal hygiene
- Professional appearance
Mandatory performance reviews are completed at thirty (30) days, ninety (90) days and annually thereafter.